Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Final Countdown

The sun is shining,
The grass is green,
The spring air is warm,
The bats are anxious,
The baseballs sit in anticipation,
Waiting for the words to be shouted for all to hear,
Play Ball!
Baseball is finally here.

The anticipation for the spring season has nearly come to an end. With less than a week to go till our first game. The anticipation in my heart is growing. My favorite time of the year is finally here. Time to grab my glove, lace my cleats, pull down my hat, step between the baselines, kick the dirt on the rubber, settle my foot softly next to the rubber. and deliver my long anticipated pitch for the spring season of baseball.

The gang of ball players from different backgrounds and regions, finally going to unite for the upcoming season as the San Diego Christian College Hawks.


"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith -and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God -not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." -Ephesians 2:8-10 (Seasons Verse)




1 comment:

Nancy said...

This is my favorite season too ... looking forward to seeing a SDCC game.